Prof. Humayun Kabir Chowdhury (MBBS, FCPS) is a "Professor of Surgery",
• BIRDEM & Ibrahim Medical College, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
• Academic coordinator, Ibrahim Medical College.
• Course director, Online Certificate course in Medical education (CMed).
• President, Bangladesh Society of Emergency Medicine.
• Vice President of the International College of Surgeon Bangladesh Chapter
• Graduated from “Dhaka Medical College” in1976.
• Fellowship in surgery, in 1981.Trained at different centers at home and in UK, USA, and Singapore in general surgery, laparoscopic surgery and vascular surgery.
Conferences attended & scientific paper presented:
Attended 35 International meetings abroad and presented 195 scientific papers at home and abroad. Participated at international meetings abroad, was invited as a faculty. Performed surgeries, as a faculty at home and abroad. Organized several international workshop on laparoscopic surgery.
Laparoscopic surgery (performed more than 20,000 laparoscopic surgery), training, medical education. Established the first Minimally Invasive Surgery Center (MISC) and skill lab in the country at BIRDEM in 1998. Produced three academic video cd on laparoscopic surgery.
Eighteen articles in medical journals. Book chapters in diabetes mellitus & articles on laparoscopic surgery in the daily newspapers. Member of the editorial board of three medical journals from home and abroad.
• Past president of the Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Bangladesh.
• Governor ELSA (Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia).
• Life member of several surgical and medical societies.